Au pair terms and conditions
APSA Au pairs must agree to
- That you have answered all questions on your application form truthfully, and honestly, and to the best of our knowledge.
- That you have no prior criminal convictions.
- That you do not have any medical conditions which would
- understand that you shall be expelled from the programme and must return home if you fail to abide by this agreement or programme guideline. falsify any information in your application (e.g. regarding smoking, childcare experience, health, etc). Begin your Au Pair stay before receiving an official confirmation of placement from the Au Pair agency or a proper visa. Responsible for repeated problems with several families. Disobey the laws of your host country
- Public internet correspondence such as blogs, videos, Facebook entries, etc. which include private details of agencies or Host Families (without the permission of the Host Family or Agency) are not to be published.
- agrees to leave her host country before her visa or residency permit expires (if applicable).
- Make every effort to resolve any differences with your Host Family. If no solution can be reached and you decide to leave the family, you must agree to give advanced notice (in accordance with programme guidelines). During this time period, you will perform normal duties and receive room, board and pocket money.
- You must understand that the success of your stay depends largely on your own initiative. You must try to integrate into family life and, should any problems arise, communicate openly with the family and actively seek a solution.
- Always seek the advice of the Host Family before administering any form of discipline on the children. Under no circumstances shall you hit, shake or use any other form of corporal punishment on the children.
- You must discuss with your Host Family any arrangements for holiday’s well in advance Upon arrival in your host country, you must discuss in detail with your Host Family the daily or weekly routine and our joint expectations of the Au Pair duration. You must discuss and clarify use of the car for both private and family use, car insurance, emergency procedures, discipline and problem solving procedures.
- You must carry out your childcare and housekeeping duties with diligence (only light housework allowed for Au Pairs). In addition to your Au Pair duties, you must agree to keep yourroom clean and neat and to make a fair contribution to the cleanliness of the "common areas" of your Host Family's home and to do your share in helping with family meal preparation.
- You must agree to abide by all house rules set by the Host Family (e.g., use of telephone and facilities within the home, daytime and overnight visitors, curfew, smoking, safety and security etc). During your stay you must behave in a manner, which does not reflect badly upon your Host Family, Au Pair agencies or your home country.
- Au pairs must remain in classes for the duration of their stay in their host family.
- If the you fail to attend classes she is in breach of her contract and therefore must leave the programme and host family.